Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, [Business name & other trading names].
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful basis.
Lawful basis: Consent
The reason we use this basis: You actively consent to us storing your data for the management of your booking.
We process your information in the following ways:
- We only use your data entered via the booking process to manage your booking, answer queries from you, or contact you for reasons directly connected with your booking.
- We manage actively entered mailing list subscription data, as described below, to only provide marketing and information relevant to Smart Trees and associate companies.
- We manage your data entered via our contact form to only respond to issues you raise in your message.
Data retention period: We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent, or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties. Email subscription information may be shared with Smart Trees associated companies who will not share information with third parties.
Third party payment providers: We do not store credit card and other similar payment details. All payment transactions are managed by a third party payment provider that manages your data under their own privacy policies.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal data” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so are either sent via our own accounts, or through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.